· Financial reporting valuations for business combinations (purchase price allocations), including enterprise valuation and intangible assets, inventory, deferred revenue, contingent consideration, debt and equity components analyses.
· Valuation of goodwill and asset impairment testing for financial reporting purposes.
· Valuation of common stock securities of private enterprises for financial and tax reporting purposes (409a analysis).
· Valuation of complex derivatives and debt instruments for financial reporting purposes.
· Valuation for tax purposes, including federal, state, local, international and personal tax, as well as services related to a client’s allocation of purchase price for tax purposes only.
· Advising clients on business plan development, strategic investment decisions, or other financial objectives.
Qualifications you’ll need
· 5+ years of experience performing valuation analyses for financial reporting purposes (ASC 805, ASC 350, ASC 820, ASC 718) is required. Big 4 experience is a plus.
· In-depth understanding of generally accepted valuation approaches (cost, market and income), including discounted cash flow, guideline public company/ transaction, excess earnings, relief from royalty, with/without, comparative sales and replacement cost methods, capital asset pricing model, etc.
· Experience in valuation of complex debt and equity instruments is strongly preferred.
· Strong excel modeling skills.
· Exceptional writing skills in preparation of valuation reports, exhibits, memos, and other client deliverables/communication.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as team building, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, or business.
· CFA, ASA, ABV is preferred.