Professional skills and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Reviewing financial statements and other relevant data including tax returns and preparing an analysis of potential tax exposures stemming from the proposed transaction.
– Participating in calls with the seller and buyers to gain an understanding of the business and potential for tax issues to arise.
– Communicating unusual tax exposures with the internal team as well as participating in communications with clients and outside advisors.
– Assisting in tax planning and analyzing proposed transactions for purposes of proposing alternative structures.
– Assisting on post-deal integration including obtaining voluntary disclosure agreements and implementing procedures to minimize potential for future exposures.
– Review work for quality, accuracy and relevance.
Skills and Competencies:
– Experience with the performance of financial analyses to assess key aspects of M&A practices including corporate M&A, private equity, post-deal integration, including the following areas:
– Tax consulting and planning e.g. analyzing proposed transactions for unusual tax risks for undetermined tax benefits.
– Transaction structuring for tax issues and corporate restructuring e.g. advising clients on tax-efficient restructuring.
– Due diligence e.g. interpreting complex legislative and regulatory actions relating to corporate and partnership transactions, assisting clients with and preparing for client review submission requests for private letter rulings and technical advice from the IRS and/or state localities.
– Demonstrates extensive abilities applying and interpreting U.S. federal and/or state and local tax as it relates to tax due diligence, including, but not limited to: Subchapter C corporations, Subchapter S corporations, partnerships, tax structuring, and reorganization provisions of the Internal Revenue Code.
– Demonstrate ability to research business and industry trends to develop a point of view to leverage in assisting with proposals, considering opportunities across multiple lines of service.
– Ability to identify best tools available for a given situation and able to effectively communicate the reasons for this choice
– Use feedback and reflection to develop self-awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
– Collaborate effectively with others.
– Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
– Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
Education and Experience Requirements:
– Minimum of 2+ years overall experience in corporate and/or Big-4 public accounting.
– A Juris Doctorate (JD), Master of Laws (LLM), or Master’s degree in Accounting or Taxation field of study may also be considered.