Regional Purchasing Manager
A large manufacturing company is seeking a Regional Purchasing Manager to join their growing team in Chattanooga, TN. This role will be responsible for two plants and some travel will be involved.
- Drives performance and strives for improvements in existing processes and practices.
- Coordinate procurement activities at two plants- executing purchasing at both the corporate and plant level.
- Support the companywide analysis of procurement.
- Create RFQs and PO’s for the plants as needed, check compliance to existing Corporate Agreements and to create new ones as appropriate.
- Support the plants in resolving issues with suppliers as necessary.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Supply Chain, Economics or business-related field
- Extensive experience in Purchasing, Materials, Inventory and Manufacturing
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills and other MS Office products
- Oracle purchasing module experience a plus
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time. Travel is usually one week per month.