Mergers & Acquisitions Tax Senior Manager
The M&A Tax Services Senior Manager will be responsible for the delivery of a full range of M&A Tax services to various clients in a wide variety of industries. Responsibilities will include: interacting closely with the firm’s clients to provide innovative tax planning and consulting services in a highly responsive transactional environment that will drive value throughout a client’s investment decision; developing and managing a high functioning team of professionals that work closely with and collaborate among senior transaction professionals of the firm; the candidate will also be expected to participate in developing new relationships that will drive personal and firm growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the efforts of multiple client service teams on client engagements where the candidate will plan, direct and execute on M&A tax consulting projects in a wide variety of industries within a highly diverse client base that includes financial and strategic sponsors. The candidate will work with senior professionals in marketing, selling, designing, and implementing tax-planning strategies to new and existing firm clients while managing all financial aspects of the projects which includes scoping, pricing, budgeting, invoicing and collection.
- Develop relationships with the firm’s senior client-serving professionals in different lines of business to drive firm growth by introducing the breadth of the services the firm has to offer its existing and new clients.
- Develop and maintain new business and client relationships, both with existing Firm clients and new clients.
- Manage, develop, train, and mentor M&A tax staff on tax projects and assess their performance for on the engagement by providing timely feedback at the end of each engagement.
- Work effectively with our Washington National M&A tax services team in providing state-of-the-art tax thought leadership.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree. CPA, Masters in Taxation, or JD
- A minimum of eight years of progressive federal tax consulting experience, as well as some amount of business entity tax compliance, experience in public accounting or a combination of corporate and public accounting experience a plus.
- Outstanding, proven experience in working effectively in a team environment, including all aspects of staff development, which may include team members in other offices.
- Technical expertise in transaction tax and related matters, including significant experience conducting buy and sell-side tax due diligence projects, including diligence on pass-through entities; design and development of transaction structures using both corporate and pass-through entities; assessment of corporate tax attributes including historical tax basis, earnings and profits, and limitations applicable to net operating losses and tax credits, post-transaction planning including legal entity rationalization and application of consolidated return regulations.
- Superior analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills, proven ability to adapt to different situations, identify issues and work with specialists in other tax technical areas to resolve issues.
- Computer expertise including knowledge of tax software and technology, including spreadsheet modeling.
- Ability to work additional hours and travel domestically, as needed.