Established Houston, TX business in the distribution industry seeks an Accounting Manager to join their team. The position will supervise a small staff of four. The company offers a nice compensation package that includes competitive benefits, 401k match, cell phone allowance, flexible schedule, and a supportive environment to grow your career.
- Manage general accounting duties including month-end close, bank reconciliations, general ledger, journal entries, and other operational accounting duties.
- Train and develop staff
- Improve accounting processes and procedures
- Monitor and manage the workloads of staff
- Ensure accuracy of financial statement close process
- Analyze inventory variances
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 7+ years of general accounting experience in a mid to large company
- CPA preferred but not required
- Some management experience preferred
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite